On February 10, 2006 I went to the Dr's . My Back was killing me! He figured it was probably from the bus and from carrying around Caleb. He then asked if there was any possibility I was pregnant. I laughed and said not likely due to birth control and still nursing Caleb. He says well just to be on the safe side I am gong to order blood work. If the test comes back negative fill the prescription. If it comes out positive do not take the prescription. I of course had no concerns and went about my day. I got to work and was on the bus when my cell phone rang. The Dr was calling. I answered the phone expecting him to tell me to take the prescription. That was not in fact what he told me.
Dr Rae "your pregnant"
Me "my husband is going to kill me"
Dr Rae "I think he might have had something to do with it"
He went on to explain that they had run 2 different kinds of blood test (qualitative and quantitative) and he would inform me of the second results that Monday. That result came back that I should be 6 weeks.
On Feb 21st My birthday, I went in for an ultrasound and there she was! All arms and legs and not a 6 week fetus! I was 12 weeks and 5 days! What a shock.
On the day of her official arrival into this world, I was scheduled for an induction. I went to the hospital and everything went smoothly until the end. she decided she did not want to wait for the Dr and of course had to have jewelry so yshe had the cord wrapped around her neck twice! I was so scared when she was born! Purple and not breathing!! I waited and waited while the nurses had her in the warmer and no one told me anything!! Finally my mother came over and showed me the Camera a picture of my princess!! She looked so much like my newborn picture!
It has been an amazing adventure being Kylee's mom! From the begining she has been a very independent person! It had to be her idea for it to happen! She is such a sweet happy girl most of the time but every once in a while her attitude shines through lol.
These 4 years have been an amazing blessing to me! She has taught me so many things! She says the funniest things and always knows how to make me laugh.
I like to call her the best surprise I ever got!!
SO here is to you my sweet little Princess! Thank you for 4 years of JOY! And 4 years of laughter! You make my life worth living!!

No comments:
Post a Comment